Training For Child Care Providers
Training is available to help new and current child care providers meet minimum state requirements and to achieve higher levels of professional development. These training sessions are approved by the Child Care Administration and are offered by trainers and training organizations across the state. The training schedule is published three times per year by Maryland Family Network’s Statewide Training Clearinghouse. See the tabs to the left to search our online databases of training sessions currently being offered, or contact your regional Child Care Resource Center (CCRC) for additional training opportunities.
Training Programs Of Interest
- Advanced Training of Trainers Institute
- Responsive Training Symposium
- Coaching and Mentoring 45 Clock Hour Webinar Series
- Supporting Every Young Learner: Maryland’s Guide to Early Childhood Pedagogy, Birth to Age 8 – The Maryland State Department of Education has produced a new resource for teachers, principals, and community-based early childhood education programs. It is the latest tool produced by the Maryland State Department of Education’s (MSDE) Division of Early Childhood Development to inform and engage early educators on evidence-based practices of teaching and learning. Additionally, as an expansion of the knowledge available in this comprehensive resource you will also find in the Appendix the Maryland Early Learning Standards Birth to 8 Years, which serves as a companion guide for the pedagogical and programmatic decisions of early childhood programs and providers.
- Child Care Subsidy – Information about the Child Care Subsidy program for low-income families.
- Maryland Children’s Health Program – Information about health insurance coverage for low-income children and pregnant women.
- Medical Assistance for Families – Coverage for parents and other family members who care for children with incomes less than 116% of the federal poverty level.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program – Information about the Child and Adult Care Food Program
For Out-of-School Providers
Training programs are available in the following core of knowledge areas:
- Child growth and development
- Health, safety, and nutrition
- Special needs
For more information about training opportunities for After-School providers, please contact us.