MFN Employment Opportunities
Position: Human Services Program Assistant
Maryland Family Network, a state-wide nonprofit organization located in Harbor East, in Baltimore, Maryland has an immediate opening for a Human Services Program Assistant. This is a full-time opportunity for a candidate interested in contributing administrative, training, and organizational skills to help to grow a strengths-based initiative, with the capacity for the position to grow along with the program’s success. The Human Services Program Assistant is primarily an administrative support position which also coordinates and assists with Strengthening Families training activities and helps to broaden the scope of Strengthening Families activities state-wide. This position requires excellent administrative skills; an eagerness to learn; high energy; a positive, can-do outlook; passion for supporting families with young children; accuracy and attention to detail. Support of special events as well as standard operating procedures require the following: brisk walking, stooping, crawling, sitting for extended periods, and lifting/carrying/moving items weighing up to 25 pounds; driving and transporting materials to scheduled events. A valid driver’s license, regular access to a reliable automobile, and willingness to travel locally and state-wide required.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or other human services field.
- Expertise in MS Office applications; date entry expertise preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Direct work-related experience with parents and/or with community involvement.
- A valid driver’s license with regular access to an enclosed, reliable vehicle.
- Assist with planning and coordinating activities related to the Strengthening Families and Parent Cafes throughout Maryland.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance related to Strengthening Families/Parent Cafés in Maryland.
- Maintain the Strengthening Families Parent Café and Facilitator databases.
- Manage logistics of training and technical assistance.
- Participate in training or other activities to further develop knowledge and skills in Parent Cafés and Strengthening Families.
- Co-facilitate and/or facilitate the Parent Café Facilitator Training Institute, Parent Cafés, and other Strengthening Families training.
- Assist with development of a robust parent leader element to Parent Cafes statewide.
By February 21, 2020, please send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. EOE.
family support network Opportunities
No positions available at this time.
Network job opportunities are included as a courtesy. Contact the sponsoring agency for more information. No phone calls or requests of information about these positions will be accepted by MFN.