MFN Employment Opportunities
Position(s): Early Head Start Teachers
Maryland Family Network is seeking applicants for Early Head Start Teachers in Baltimore City. Under the direction of a Child Development Specialist, teachers will plan and implement a high quality child development program serving children ages 6 weeks to 3 years, based on best practices and compliant with Head Start Program Performance Standards. The successful candidate must have:
• High School diploma required. AA degree in ECE preferred with experience working in a licensed child care center
• 90 hour Child Care Certificate and 45 hour Infant/Toddler certificate + Infant/Toddler CDA
• Provisional acceptance can be given to candidates who complete the 45 hr I/T certification and I/T CDA within a specified period of time.
• Have current physical examination and TB screening
• Must pass criminal background check prior to employment
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to EHS, Maryland Family Network, Inc. 1001 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD 21202. EHSTeacherjobs@marylandfamilynetwork.org.
Deadline September 27.
EOE. No phone calls.
Position: LOCATE: Child Care Special Needs Resource and Referral Specialist
The Maryland Family Network helps parents find and evaluate child care, provides training for child care professionals and parents, works with employers to develop supportive work/family programs, and collects and disseminates child care information for trend analysis and planning.
The LOCATE: Child Care Special Needs Resource and Referral Specialist is responsible for providing resource and referral counseling service to families with children with special needs.
• Minimum of two years of experience directly related to services for children with special needs and/or special health care needs, preferably in a child care setting;
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, primary education, child development, Social work, counseling or other related field;
• A combination of experience and education may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree;
• Knowledge of child development and social/emotional development of children;
• Knowledge of state child care licensing regulations and federal legislation, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act and IDEA;
• Knowledge and understanding of children with special needs, their families and related issues;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• Superior customer service skills;
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
• Knowledge of special needs specific community resources;
• Spanish a plus.
• Provides enhanced resource and referral service to families of children with special needs and/or special health care needs regarding child care options.
• Keys intakes, follow ups and other data into the LOCATE: Child Care system.
• Uses and adapts customer letters when needed.
• Communicates updates of provider information to Database Coordinator.
• Share information related to parental/provider concerns and issues concerning child care with the Director and other appropriate personnel.
• Performs to established standards to achieve department goals.
• Represents MFN at events, conferences and trainings
• Performs any task necessary to keep MFN and the Maryland Child Care Resource Network functioning in a smooth and orderly fashion.
Pay rate: $21.98 per hour
We have a 35 hour work week and offer excellent benefits
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: Open until filled
EOE. No phone calls.
family support network Opportunities
No postings at this time.
Network job opportunities are included as a courtesy. Contact the sponsoring agency for more information. No phone calls or requests of information about these positions will be accepted by MFN.