MFN Employment Opportunities
Position: Executive Director, Maryland Family Network
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is seeking a strategic and visionary leader to serve as the next Executive Director. Building on a strong foundation, the Executive Director will serve as the public face of MFN and will be responsible for leading the organization’s strategic direction, ensuring its long-term financial sustainability and operational efficiency, and overseeing the organization’s programs and staff.
The Executive Director will have the overall responsibility of carrying out MFN’s vision and mission by reporting to an active and engaged Board of Directors and leading a dedicated and talented team of more than 50 full and part-time staff. Additionally, s/he will lead fundraising strategy, oversee effective programs, and build strong partnerships with a diverse group of key stakeholders across the state of Maryland and beyond.
The ideal candidate will bring a deep passion for children and families, a proven ability to serve as a credible voice on issues related to MFN’s constituencies, and a successful record of executive and strategic leadership. S/he will be a proven strategist, fundraiser, program leader, and team builder. Finally, the ideal candidate must bring experience developing strong relationships with diverse audiences, including the government and community partners, to build a healthy and informed coalition supporting the children and families of Maryland.
For full description, responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, click here.
Position: Early Head Start Program Family & Community Partnership Specialist
Maryland Family Network is seeking applicants for an Early Head Start Family & Community Partnership Specialist. The ideal candidate will provide technical assistance, training, and monitoring to Maryland Family Network’s EHS Delegate programs.
The successful candidate must have:
*A Master’s degree in Social Work or Human Services; LCSW preferred;
*At least 5 year’s professional experience managing and supporting EHS/HS programs, delivering services to young families with children 0-3, developing family & community partnerships, supervising staff;
*Provide group and individual training;
*Statewide travel and access to dependable transportation required.
To apply please send cover letter & resume to: EHS, Maryland Family Network, Inc. 1001 Eastern Ave., 2nd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202.
Deadline: Open until filled. EOE. No phone calls.
Position: Bilingual LOCATE: Child Care Community Line Specialist
The Maryland Family Network helps parents find and evaluate child care, provides training for child care professionals and parents, works with employers to develop supportive work/family programs, and collects and disseminates child care information for trend analysis and planning.
The Bilingual LOCATE: Child Care Community Line Specialist is responsible for providing resource and referral counseling service to parents within the general community.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, primary education, child development, social work, counseling or other related field
• Fluent in Spanish
• Minimum of two years’ experience working in an early childhood program, such as a child care center, school-age program, Head Start, or nursery school or as a family provider.
• Working knowledge and understanding of child development, child care regulations and quality child care
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of local community resources
• Ability to establish rapport with parents, caregivers and the general public
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Provide resource and referral counseling service to parents within the
• general community
• Perform data entry, computer searches and “follow ups”
• Provide enhanced services to Spanish clients
• Survey new providers
• Completes “Exit surveys” for former providers
• Performs to established standards to achieve department goals
• Work with child care community by completing surveys and record updates, answering general questions about child care issues and referring providers/centers to local resource centers for training and technical assistance
• Share information related to parental/provider concerns and issues concerning child care
• Attend inter-agency meetings, trainings or conferences as required
• Represent Maryland Family Network at events as required
• Performs any task necessary to assist with the smooth and orderly functioning of Maryland Child Care Resource Network and the Maryland Family Network.
Pay rate: $20.33 per hour
We have a 35 hour work week and offer excellent benefits
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Special Needs Nurse Consultant
Contract Position: Approximately 10 hours per month
Hourly Rate: $55 per hour
Maryland Family Network helps parents find and evaluate child care, provides training for child care professionals and parents, works with employers to develop supportive work/family programs, and collects and disseminates child care information for trend analysis and planning.
3 years’ experience with the medical needs of children ages 0 to 5 years.
The Consultant (s) will provide special health care needs nurse consultation services, including but not limited to:
· Individual consultations with parents related to including their children with special health care needs into child care settings;
· Individual telephone consultations with child care providers regarding general questions related to health and safety of young children in child care.
· Technical assistance to child care providers to ensure successful inclusion of children with special health care needs into child care settings;
· Provide on-going telephone consultation and coaching to child care providers as issues arise concerning inclusion of children with special health care needs;
· Individual consultations with staff of LOCATE: Child Care Special Needs Service regarding individual cases;
· Assist MFN staff with medical information and resources pertaining to children with special health care needs, as needed.
· Link staff, families, and children with community health resources;
· Ensure a system for communication among the child care provider, parent, and primary health care provider when health issues arise.
· Provide technical assistance through research and development of multiple trainings related to caring for children with special health care needs.
· Present trainings related to caring for children with special health care needs.
· Assist with promoting the nurse consultation service to the child care community.
· Assist with development of publications on Special Health Care Needs.
· Assist with videos and/or podcasts to be used by child care providers in caring for children with special needs.
This is a contract consulting position. The Consultant is not an employee of Maryland Family Network.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
family support network Opportunities
No postings at this time.
Network job opportunities are included as a courtesy. Contact the sponsoring agency for more information. No phone calls or requests of information about these positions will be accepted by MFN.