Resource and Referral Director, Child Care
Nationally known birth to five organization seeks experienced, senior manager to run its most popular consumer offering: a statewide, online and phone-line service to help families find and select child care – the most important decision parents make during the early years. From planning and implementing innovations in the Internet interface used by consumers and by child care providers, to motivating and supporting a team of child care specialists who counsel families, to analyzing, organizing, and disseminating the definitive data about the state’s child care supply and demand situation, to working closely with state agencies, nonprofits, and businesses, this job is filled with exciting opportunities and major responsibilities.
Skills and qualifications include:
- A customer focus with proven performance in delivering service;
- A strong desire and well-developed ability to market and sell ideas and services;
- Experience improving business processes, both paper- and IT-based;
- Effective problem solving abilities;
- Demonstrated team building and management skills;
- A strong desire and track record for excellence;
- Working knowledge of child care – providers, settings, trends, issues for parents and for providers, funding, regulations, etc.
- Understanding of child development, parenting education, and principles of counseling;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in call-center or customer relations management, administration and supervision.
By October 23, 2015, resume with cover letter from interested and qualified applicants should be sent to HumanResources@marylandfamilynetwork.org. EOE.
Early Head Start Family & Community Partnership Specialist to provide technical assistance, training, and monitoring to Maryland Family Network’s EHS Delegate programs. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree in Social Work or Human Services; professional experience managing and supporting EHS/HS programs, delivering services to young families with children 0-3, developing family & community partnerships, supervising staff, & providing group and individual training. Travel statewide; car required. Cover letter & resume to: EHS, Maryland Family Network, Inc. 1001 Eastern Ave., 2nd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202 by October 15, 2015. EOE. No phone calls.