MFN Employment Opportunities
Position: Early Head Start Teachers
Maryland Family Network is seeking applicants for Early Head Start Teachers in Baltimore City. Under the direction of a Child Development Specialist, teachers will plan and implement a high quality child development program serving children ages 6 weeks to 3 years, based on best practices and compliant with Head Start Program Performance Standards. The successful candidate must have:
• High School diploma required. AA degree in ECE preferred with experience working in a licensed child care center
• 90 hour Child Care Certificate and 45 hour Infant/Toddler certificate + Infant/Toddler CDA
• Provisional acceptance can be given to candidates who complete the 45 hr I/T certification and I/T CDA within a specified period of time.
• Have current physical examination and TB screening
• Must pass criminal background check prior to employment
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to EHS, Maryland Family Network, Inc. 1001 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD 21202. EHSTeacherjobs@marylandfamilynetwork.org.
Deadline January 31, 2020
EOE. No phone calls.
Position: Early Head Start Mentor/Coach
Maryland Family Network is seeking applicants for two (2) Early Head Start Mentor/Coaches. The ideal candidate will provide training, technical assistance and monitoring to Maryland Family Network’s EHS Delegate programs. The successful candidate must have:
• A Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
• At least 5 years of work related experience in early care and education working in classrooms with children ages 0 – 3 and their families.
• Experience building relationships with staff toward a unified goal of high quality early education/understanding of adult learning styles.
• Experience working with culturally diverse communities and families with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
• Understanding and use of the principles and practices of the ECE field, including reflective practice and practice-based coaching.
• Statewide travel required and access to dependable transportation.
Competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, will be offered. Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to EHS, Maryland Family Network, Inc. 1001 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD 21202. firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: January 31, 2020. No phone calls.
Position: Family Support Network Director
Maryland Family Network located in Harbor East, in Baltimore, Maryland seeks an experienced, senior manager to coordinate and manage the delivery of technical assistance, training, monitoring, and evaluation services to a statewide network of two-generation, community-based programs serving families with infants and toddlers. From planning and implementing community-based programming, to motivating and supporting a team of professional program specialists who provide technical assistance and direction to programs such as Family Support Centers, Early Head Start, and Strengthening Families, to working closely with federal, state, and local governments, and nonprofits, this job is filled with exciting opportunities and major responsibilities.
Skills and qualifications include:
• A customer focus with proven performance in delivering high quality service;
• A strong desire and track record for excellence;
• Demonstrated team building and management skills;
• Proven grant-writing, and grant administration experience;
• Prior responsibility for budget development, and financial management;
• Familiarity with government and funder regulations that govern nonprofit finance and programmatic operations and decision-making;
• Effective problem solving abilities;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Working knowledge of community-based programming, family support, child development and child care, parenting education, Head Start/Early Head Start, principles of counseling, and the family support approach;
• Master’s degree in social work, early childhood education, psychology, related human services field, or public administration;
• Minimum of eight years’ work experience in administration or management of programs that included supervision of managers and professional staff.
We offer a competitive salary and full range of benefits.
Interested applicants should send resume with cover letter to HumanResources@marylandfamilynetwork.org. Deadline date: December 13, 2019. EOE.
family support network Opportunities
No positions available at this time.
Network job opportunities are included as a courtesy. Contact the sponsoring agency for more information. No phone calls or requests of information about these positions will be accepted by MFN.