MFN Employment Opportunities
No vacancies at this time.
family support network Opportunities
Job Posting: CDS- Early Head Start Pre-School Director
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.
Waverly Early Head Start Center
829 Montpelier Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
APPLY ONLINE TO: www.careers.Goodwillches.org and click on Pre-School Director- Early Head Start
JOB SUMMARY: Manage the daily operation of the Preschool Program and to ensure high standards of care, education safety and well-being of children/families. To provide comprehensive services to children in the areas of cognition, gross motor, fine motor, social and emotional development in a clean, safe, orderly and well managed environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the daily operation of the preschool program, including planning and teaching within the classroom setting up to 75% of the time.
• Act as liaison between the preschool staff ,families and community
• Remain current on issues and trends in early childhood education
• Implement strategies to recruit and maintain enrollment
• Conduct monthly staff meetings, encourage opportunities for team building, provide support for teachers, and maintain staff records
• Prepare program status reports
• Prepare and maintain program handbook applying updates as needed
• Recruit, select, hire, train new staff and provide staff development opportunities
• Oversee and formally evaluate the curriculum and the instruction of the staff
• Develops instruction program for children, counsels parents, provides supervision to staff, maintains records of program activity
• Maintains a professional and courteous attitude at all times, willing to be flexible and assume new job responsibilities
• Perform other duties as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Child Education, Special Education or related field required; Master’s preferred
• Two years’ experience providing instruction to children 0-3 years
• 1 year of supervisory experience required
• Six 3 credit courses in Early Childhood Education w/ emphasis on infant/toddlers
• Pre-employment Early Head Start CJIS criminal background investigation clearance required
• Pre-employment physical and tuberculosis screen clearance per Early Head Start guidelines required
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
• Responsible for supervising teacher/teacher assistants/volunteers
• Position requires the supervision of 6-8 staff
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Infant/Toddler CPR, First Aid (required)
• Annual recertification of Universal Precaution (required)
• 90/45 hours Childcare Certificate (required)
• 9 hours Communication Course Certificate (required)
• 45 hours Director Administration Certificate (required)
• Must possess a current valid and unrestricted driver’s license and be fully insured according to Maryland law ( travel required)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communication effectively with staff, parents/children, and community
• Ability to understand and manage the complexities of a preschool program
• Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with parents and children
• Ability to maintain all records required by federal, state and local authorities
• Ability to organize and facilitate staff meetings and parent conferences
• Ability to coordinate special events and outings
• Ability to conduct annual performance reviews
• Ability to hire/train new staff
• Ability to prepare agendas for meetings and written report
• Ability to facilitate all staff and curriculum planning meetings
• Ability to promote strong teamwork by offering support, guidance, and supervision to staff
• Ability to recruit, outreach and build partnerships
• Ability to identify and support staff trainings
• Ability to outline expectations for and monitor communication with parents
• Ability to conduct ongoing review of preschool policies/procedures
• Ability to assure program compliance with local, state and federal regulation and codes
Lifting up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. May be required to regularly stand for extended periods of time, walk, reach with hands/arms with full range of motion, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push or pull. Regularly required to talk and hear. Frequently required to use hands and fingers to hold, handle and feel objects, knobs, keys and/or buttons.
Travel is defined as travel to all areas within Goodwill’s territory (Cecil, Harford, Baltimore, Howard, and Anne Arundel Counties, Baltimore City and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland). In some cases, long-distance travel, including overnights may be required but is typically planned in advance. In some cases, travel may be unplanned.
Up to 50% of working time
Must have access to personal vehicle
Employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.
Job Posting: Early Head Start Teacher – Elkton, MD (3 vacancies)
This position provides a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for children while they are in the Early Head Start environment (classroom, outdoor play area, and field trips). They will promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of Early Head Start children. They will also encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists with the care, safety, and well-being of all of the children.
Assists with the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program for infants and toddlers.
Provides informal parenting
education to participants in the Center. Attends trainings required by
sponsoring agency and Maryland Family Network.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
Associate degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Associate degree in related field or High School Diploma with 90-hour Child Care Certificate or Infant-Toddler CDA acceptable.
Minimum of one year supervised classroom experience with children age zero through three years.
*** PLEASE ATTACH TRANSCRIPTS/DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES WITH RESUME***
Maryland Rural Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Network job opportunities are included as a courtesy. Contact the sponsoring agency for more information. No phone calls or requests of information about these positions will be accepted by MFN.