Additional Resources for Child Care Providers
Assistance For Child Care Providers
- Provider Information – Login to verify/edit your child care program’s data. Update your information to be entered in our monthly drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card!
- Complaint Policy – Child Care Resource and Referral Center Complaint Policy
- Getting Started In Child Care – Information and assistance about starting and/or expanding a home or center-based child care business.
- Technical Assistance – Information and assistance for child care providers in the areas of licensing/compliance, behavioral issues, and children with special needs.
- Child Care Regulations – Information on Maryland Child Care Regulations.
- Child Care/First Aid/CPR Training – Search for training classes in your area.
- Awareness of Lead in Children’s Toys – What you need to know about lead in children’s toys.
Child Care Advocates & Organizations
- American Academy of Pediatrics – An organization dedicated to the health of all children.
- Center for the Child Care Workforce – An advocacy group for better wages and living standards for child care providers.
- ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) – The world’s premier database of journal and non-journal educational literature.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) – Provides child care publications, an accreditation program, and professional development opportunities.
- National Association for Family Child Care – Supports state associations, with an accreditation program and professional development opportunities.
- The National Mental Health Association – Advocacy, education, research and service for over 54 million Americans with mental disorders.
- The National Network for Child Care – Offers publications, an Email listserv, support and assistance from experts in child care and childhood development.
- The National Afterschool Association (formerly NSACA) – Dedicated to the development and care of children during their after school hours.
- Daily Parent Newsletter – National Association Of Child Care Resource and Referral Agency’s Newsletter which provides the latest information on child development issues, tips for finding quality child care, and numerous resources for busy parents, as well as child care professionals.
- Maryland State Department of Education – A one-stop resource for education, information and programs for children in the State of Maryland.
- Understanding the A.D.A. for Providers – Information about the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the impact it has on child care.
- Advocacy on Regulatory and Legislative Issues – Learn more about participation in public policy initiatives and ACTION ALERTS