Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is seeking a dynamic Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to manage all financial aspects and recommend pro-active strategies to keep MFN fiscally strong and compliant. The CFO, a member of the senior leadership team, will serve as an internal consultant to the Chief Program Officer, Director of Development, Chief of Staff, Director of Human Resources, MFN's Board and management team, and other key stakeholders on all financial matters.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience as a CFO, or similar role, in a nonprofit setting of similar size and budget with at least five years of experience leading a team of finance and accounting professionals.
- Knowledge of / expertise in Public Grants management and accountability; contracts, and financial monitoring, including Uniform Guidance.
- Expertise in financial oversight, federal audits, and robust financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management methods and the ability to create forecasting models.
- Ability to explain financial terms to non-fiscally oriented staff in simple language.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and other online tools.
- Direct experience with accounting and financial management software; experience with Abila Fund Accounting a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent MFN in public.
Salary commensurate with experience. All Maryland Family Network (MFN) positions are contingent on available funding. View the job posting and apply at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4946902.
Position open until filled.
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry of any individual, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.