Anne Arundel County Community Action Agency is seeking (3) Classroom Caregivers to report to Child Development Coordinator. The general role for this position will be supervising assigned children and volunteers in providing support in stimulating the children’s environment for growth, well-being, and development of the child.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
Associate degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. Associate degree in related field or High School Diploma with 90- hour Child Care Certificate or 45-hour Infant – Toddler CDA is acceptable. Minimum of one-year supervised classroom experience with children aged zero - three years.
- Understand and be committed to the overall philosophy of Family .
- Maintain respect for confidentiality of information divulged by or behalf of participants.
- Possess the ability to relate to people of diverse educational, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Be willing and able to do aggressive outreach and recruitment.
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Be willing to submit to a criminal background investigation.
- Have current medical evaluation, including a tuberculosis screen within six months before the individual begins work in the center.
- Have ability to participate in training classes pertaining to child development , children at risk, special needs, etc.
- Have a desire to work with infants and toddlers and be willing to work with preschoolers.
- Able to effectively communicate with parents
- Provide support and education to the parents in a positive and non-judgemental manner.
- Maintain confidentiality between pertinent information and Child Development Specialist.
- Assist in lesson plans and instructions as they pertain to infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Be capable of effectively enhance the development of children.
- Have ability to write observations of children.
- You must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to get up and down off of the floor with the children.
- Assists with the care, safety, and well-being of all the children.
- Assists with implementing the center’s program for infants and toddlers.
- Provides informal parenting education to participants in the center.
- Attend training required by sponsoring agency and MFN.
All resumes should be sent to Margaret A. Jarboe, Director, Anne Arundel Early Head Start at firstname.lastname@example.org.