The Family Discovery Center (Rockville) is a free, multi-generational family literacy and child development education program for families with children up to age four.
- Oversees all aspects of the Child Development Program to address the specific developmental needs of the child and promote school readiness.
- Supervises Child Development Program Staff and implements policies and procedures to ensure quality systems are in place in accordance with state regulations, quality standards and grant requirements.
- Work hours may include some evening hours to accommodate programming schedule.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, child development or related field. Must have minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Must have experience working with young children from birth to age three and demonstrate a sound knowledge of good teaching practices and child development.
- Must demonstrate a commitment and ability to serve a diverse community including low-income, English language learners, and children with special needs or challenging behaviors. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Must have ability to get up and down off the floor and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be computer proficient
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity