Position Title: Controller
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is seeking a dynamic Controller to assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in directing all financial activities. Under the leadership of the CFO, the Controller will develop and implement all major controls within the accounting department including segregation of duties, controls, and approvals to reduce risk and exposure and ensure accuracy of financial statements.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities, such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Manages the general ledger, cash flow, bank reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll processes.
- Prepares financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and reports required by regulatory agencies, in compliance with GAAP and other standards.
- Oversees all scheduled closing activities including but not limited to the maintenance of general ledgers, reconciliations, cost allocations, journal entries, etc.
- Coordinates all auditing activities.
- Reviews forms, including but not limited to, annual 1099 forms, Form 990 and other required year-end tax documents.
- Responds to any reporting issues with Federal and State regulatory agencies and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Receives cash and checks and makes deposits.
- Receives, records, and authorizes requests for disbursements in accordance with MFN policies and procedures.
- Maintains relationships with banking, insurance, and external accounting consultants to facilitate financial activities.
- Reviews purchase orders, invoices and expense reimbursements for accuracy and timely payment.
- Prepares bank deposits, disbursements, and statements for review.
- Maintains accurate records, including receipts, invoices, ledgers and journals.
- Collaborates with the CFO and Grants Accountant to provide financial reports to MFN senior leadership and program directors as needed.
- Communicates with vendors, suppliers, and designated internal staff to verify account statuses, including discrepancies; and escalate complex issues to the CFO; tracks and maintains all vendor contracts.
Salary commensurate with experience. All Maryland Family Network (MFN) positions are contingent on available funding. View the job posting and apply at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5736815 position open until filled. Maryland Family Network (MFN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry of any individual, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.