Position Title: Early Head Start Mentor/Coach
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: EHS Assistant Director-Child Development
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is seeking a dynamic Early Head Start Mentor/Coach to provide ongoing mentoring/coaching for classroom teachers to support high quality adult child interactions and teaching practices. The EHSM/C will provide cohort-based coaching using the Together Learning and Collaborating model of Practice Based Coaching and programmatic T/TA around assigned content areas.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; will accept Bachelor’s degree with appropriate work experience
- Five years of recent work related experience in early care and education programs working in classrooms with children ages 0 – 3 and their families.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Experience with building relationships with staff toward a unified goal of high quality early education.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities and families with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Understanding of various child development assessment and screening instruments.
- Understanding of adult learning styles.
- Understanding and use of the principles and practices of the ECE field, including reflective practice and practice-based coaching.
Salary commensurate with experience. All Maryland Family Network (MFN) positions are contingent on available funding. View the job posting and apply at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5628611 position open until filled. Maryland Family Network (MFN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry of any individual, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.