Position Title: Mentor/Coach, Early Head Start (EHS)
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director, Child Development, EHS
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is seeking a dynamic Mentor/Coach to provide ongoing mentoring/coaching for classroom teachers to support high quality adult child interactions and teaching practices. The EHSM/C will provide individual and classroom mentoring/coaching using effective practice-based strategies to support teachers’ continual professional development.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
- Five years of recent work-related experience in early care and education programs working in classrooms with children ages 0 – 3 and their families.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Experience with building relationships with staff toward a unified goal of high-quality early education.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities and families with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Understanding of various child development assessment and screening instruments.
- Understanding of adult learning styles.
- Understanding and use of the principles and practices of the ECE field, including reflective practice and practice-based coaching.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Salary commensurate with experience. All Maryland Family Network (MFN) positions are contingent on available funding. View the job posting and apply at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4561968.
Position open until filled.
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry of any individual, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.