Position Title: Program Consultant
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Family Support Network Director
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Family Network's (MFN) Family Support Network (FSN) is seeking an experienced Program Consultant to provide technical assistance, training, and monitoring of MFN’s Family Support Center staff to assure delivery of quality supports and best practices with the array of services provided to infants, toddlers, and their parents. The Program Consultant reports to the Family Support Network Director.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Conducts monthly site visits to assigned Family Support Centers (4 to 6 Centers) throughout the state of Maryland. May require overnight travel.
- Provide oversight, informal monitoring, and assessment to ensure compliance with requirements associated with operating a Family Support Center.
- Provides experienced advice and assistance to all program staff to ensure the meeting of performance objectives associated with their duties and responsibilities.
- Observes, on a regular basis, all center-based activities including parent/child interactions, parent/staff, staff/child interactions, and group activities with parents. Documents and discusses findings with the Family Support Center Director and supervisory staff as appropriate.
- Offers suggestions, ideas, and recommendations on securing and managing resources related to Center operations.
- Performs objective assessments on strengths and weaknesses of the delivery of core services to ensure continuous quality. Meets regularly with the Family Support Center Director, Child Development Specialist, Service Coordinator, and other leadership to resolve issues or problems.
- Engages in trainings specific to core service areas and program operations to enable ability to provide requisite oversight and monitoring thereof.
- Engages in electronic monitoring of Center services to ensure compliance with stated objectives and contractual obligations.
- Works with the Family Support Network Director to ensure that mental health services are rendered to parents and their children and that related consultation is provided to staff.
- Works with each Center Director to ensure linkages with local Part C agency, and/or Local Interagency Coordinating Council.
- Assists in the selection of the following positions in the Center: Director, Child Development Specialist, In-Home Interventionist, and Service Coordinator.
- Provides assistance in staff orientation and training on all MFN requirements in relation to operating a Family Support Center.
- Assesses staff training needs along with Center Director, Child Development Specialist, and other leadership staff. Consults with MFN Training Director and Family Support Network Director on implementing training, where necessary.
- Makes recommendations on corrective plans of action and reviews processes.
- Writes annual reports summarizing Family Support Center performance for the given fiscal year.
- Collaborates with other MFN Program Consultants to share and obtain information, foster common awareness on issues, and impart knowledge of resources.
- Works closely with the Family Support Center child development team in the screening, assessment, and evaluation of infants and toddlers for identification of possible developmental delays.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as required and participates in required activities.
- Approves annual budgets submitted by Family Support Centers and monitors monthly expenditures.
- Approves and monitors annual program plans for the required provision of core services.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience. All Maryland Family Network (MFN) positions are contingent on available funding. View the job posting and apply at https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5706030 position open until filled. Maryland Family Network (MFN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry of any individual, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.