The Responsive Training Symposium (Training of Trainers) In Person
HYBRID – VIRTUAL AND IN PERSON
Zoom/9830 Patuxent Woods Drive
Columbia, 21046 MD
The Responsive Training Symposium is sponsored by Maryland Family Network and approved by the Maryland State Department of Education. It meets the MSDE requirements for a “train the trainer” session to become an approved trainer.
This series is being offered in hybrid format with 2 virtual (Zoom platform) sessions and 2 in-person sessions.
It will provide participants with:
- An introduction to interactive and creative training techniques
- An emphasis on training basics including goals and objective, logistics, and needs assessment
- What research shows about adult learners
- An understanding of how to provide meaningful adult learning experiences
- Training methods to respond to participants’ needs
- Continuing to explore what research shows about adult learners
- Enrich their understanding of the cycle of experiential learning
- An understanding of practical training pitfalls
- Wrap-up the exploration of research on how to work with adult learners
For virtual sessions: a pre-assignment must be completed by the specified due date to receive login information, participants should have access to a device with strong internet access and a camera. For in-person sessions: parking onsite is free, participants are asked to arrive with an appropriate amount of time to be ready to begin at 9:00 am promptly, bring any food or beverage needed throughout the day (no meals will be provided). NOTE: Participants must complete all assignments and attend all sessions to receive certificates of completion. There is no guarantee that missed sessions can be made up in subsequent series. Additionally, the cost is temporarily decreased due to additional grant funds.
Modules 1 & 2: Tuesday September 12, 2023; 9:00 am to 3:30 pm (in-person at 9830 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia)
Module 3: Tuesday September 19, 2023: (virtual with a pre-assignment)
Modules 4 & 5: Tuesday September 26, 2023; 9:00 am to 3:30 pm (in-person at 9830 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia)
Module 6: Tuesday October 3, 2023 (virtual with a pre-assignment)